"The only easy thing about parenting is becoming overwhelmed by it."
~ CC M. Owens
Our job as parents is made up of very longs days and extremely short years! Given this colloquialism, it's likely that much of the time you'll feel overwhelmed from day-to-day and it's probable that you'll lose sight of the brevity of childhood. This means you could potentially miss out on some of the simplest, most cherishable moments with your children. Indeed, the infant and toddler stages pass in the blink of an eye — a warm sticky hand inside yours; little arms around your neck; a child small enough to fit on your lap; their smile in the morning when you rescue them from a crib; their tears over separation from you. Whatever that moment might be, don't take it for granted and don't let it slip away without fully appreciating its sweetness. In return for these precious moments, make sure you give lots of kisses on the nose; raspberries on the belly; hugs of reassurance; and 'I love yous' — without one single day going by.
"Delight in every precious moment you have with your children — right this minute — because you'll find these moments to be life's most fleeting."
~ CC M. Owens
It's relatively easy to amuse children with spontaneity when they are little. They get the greatest joy from the simplest things — finger painting with food; splashing in puddles; dancing to old disco; listening to children's books; coloring with crayons. These are just some of the candid moments that have the potential for becoming some of life's most meaningful. The beauty is these moments come with little to no real planning, and you should be sure to share them with your children while you have the chance because they do grow out of them.
As children become older creating quality time and meaningful moments can become a little trickier and particularly challenging for the busy parent. And let's face it! If you're a parent — you're a busy parent. Don't worry, though, Homespun and Hands-On® has you covered!
We offer 'simply perfect' products that make it 'perfectly simple' for parents to create quality time with their children. We truly are a one-of-a-kind brand, and we guarantee that you won't find anything — anywhere — quite like our unique Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™!
What makes Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™ 'simply perfect' & 'perfectly simple' for the busy parent (that's you!) is that they are completely comprehensive. In other words, we have thought of and included every little thing you could possibly need to create a lasting family memory, a priceless keepsake, and a fun learning experience.
Be sure to connect with your children on the path to learning; they will achieve more triumphs along their educational journey.
~ CC M. Owens
When parents take an interest in their children's education, children take an interest in learning. Parental participation is perhaps the most unsung asset in education today. Researchers have an abundance of evidence supporting the benefits of parental involvement and encouragement on a child's learning and development. We understand this at Homespun and Hands-On® and work very hard to help parents bridge any gaps.
The Hands-On Kaboodle™ included with each of our Hands-On Kits™ — making these products the whole kit 'n' kaboodle — is a simple-to-use strategy for learning that includes guided instruction and interactive materials. They are carefully designed to be 'simply perfect' for busy parents by providing all the tools needed and making it 'perfectly simple' to encourage curiosity, spark imagination, and foster creativity for their children. Hands-On Kaboodles™ help parents become more involved in their children's education which naturally inspires children to love learning.
On Our Products
• They Are Unique • We like to pride ourselves on the fact that Homespun and Hands-On® is a one-of-a-kind brand. You will not find anything — anywhere — that quite compares in scope or content with our Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™. They possess a certain flair and uncommon panache that makes a categorical statement of notable difference from any other product designed for children and available in today's marketplace.
• They Are Fun • Homespun and Hands-On® products are not just fun, they make learning fun! Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™ always include a fun project or game — that's the kit part — and a simple-to-use strategy for learning — that's the kaboodle part! And both parts are fun, fun, fun! Hands-On Kaboodles™ are very conversational and therefore highly engaging. Hands-On Kits™ are always 'hands-on' in nature and solidify the learning process.
• They Are Simple-To-Use • Of course, we can't emphasize this attribute enough! Family life is hectic, and parents are busy. We take care of all the pesky little details. Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™ are 'simply perfect' because we make creating quality time with children — that's meaningful too — as 'perfectly simple' as opening a box. Merely open one of our super-duper cool boxes with your child and voilà — instant fun, instant learning, instant family memory, instant keepsake!
• They Are High-Quality • Quality is important to us at Homespun and Hands-On™ because we sincerely believe the quality of tools and materials that we provide in our Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™ directly correlates to the level of pride your child feels with their accomplishment. There is no reason, in our minds, why children shouldn't deserve the same quality materials as adults and why we wouldn't provide them. You'll surely never find a pom pom or a Popsicle stick in one of our boxes!
• They Are Earth-Friendly • We love our planet, and that's why life-cycle assessment of supply chains is a crucial consideration for us when purchasing materials for our Hands-On Kits 'n' Kaboodles™. No one is more cognizant of the importance of being good stewards of the Earth and protecting it for future generations. We avoid plastics at all costs and insist on only fully sustainable, all natural, and non-toxic materials in the manufacture of our products. We carry this thinking through to our packaging as well. Our cardboard is made from post-consumer waste and printed with 99% water-based ink. Everything we sell is contained in 100% recyclable packaging, but we also encourage reusing and reinventing our packaging — it's way more fun!
View Our Products